Tuesday, December 4, 2007

So I think I've decided to share the blog with friends and family. Still not sure what I'll write about, probably just day to day goings on like the title suggests. We got 8.5 inches of snow yesterday. For months Aiden has been asking when it was going to snow so this was a very exciting time in our house. He woke up and asked to watch cartoons without ever looking out the window so he had no idea what was going on out there. Finally we opened the shade and told him to look outside and he got very very excited. Within about 30 minutes I had showered and dressed us both and we headed out to play. Aiden's friend Henry had beat us outside so the two of them had lots of fun shoveling, a skill I'm happy with for future use. We got outside twice yesterday. The second time Sadie took Aiden out and Riley and met them out there later. Riley wasn't as excited about snow but that could have more to do with being all bundled up in a snowsuit, hat, mittens, etc. We pulled him around in the sled that meme and John gave us when we were in Westbrook and he seemed to at least like that. He started falling asleep at one point so I know he was comfortable. We love that sled, it's one of the wood sleds with runners and a nice curved back to nestle the kids into. They gave it to us when Aiden was a baby. It's been used by their grandkids and the fact that they thought enough of us to give it to us was an amazing feeling. They are good people and we miss living so close to them.

Today of course the snow is still there and there are snow showers and I have a 3 year old that is insisting we must go outside right now!!! It's harder to get out with just me being home so I'm not sure when that will happen, maybe before we leave for the library for story time, or after.

Right now Riley is doing his "ha ha" laugh that means he has something he's not supposed to. He always gives himself away. Ah, he's drinking juice from Aiden's cup, so proud of himself for it too, cute.

Well I should get going and figure out breakfast for the crew.

No comments: