Do you believe in signs? Other forces? Life after death? Spirits? I never used to believe in any of that. You die and you are dead. As I get older and have more life experiences I start to believe in some sort of an afterlife. I love to watch John Edwards on TV and would love to "be read" by him.
I live in a place that was once occupied by 3 young men and a young woman. Two of the young men were killed in a car accident a month before we moved in. Doors open and close here on their own and I swear I once saw a male figure standing in the living room one night when I got up to use the bathroom. At first it startled the bejeezus out of me but then a calm came over me and it was OK. He looked young, 20ish and wore jeans, a t-shirt and a baseball hat.
I also feel the presence of my grandfather at times. I will suddenly get cravings for saltines and margarine which is the only snack I remember him feeding us and I feel like he's there.
Before my first son was born my partner and I agreed on having one child. I was fine with it and looking forward to spoiling a single child. Soon after he was born I had this overwhelming urge to have a second. It wasn't about my first growing up and wanting another baby it was this need to bring another life into the world. It was like I could feel the presence of another child and it needed to be a part of my life. I know, I know, to those of you who don't believe in this stuff this is very far fetched, I used to be one of you. Now that my second son is here I know that I was meant to have him. He is an amazing little guy and I really believe he pushed me to bring him into the world. Now that he is here I feel pretty content. I could have another, or not, I think I'd be OK either way. I feel no major push or pull in either direction.
It's a strange feeling going from being a non-believer to sitting down and realizing you have made major life decisions based on things you once said never existed.
So.....do you believe?
Monday, January 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Hmmmm, this subject is iffy for me. I definitely believe in a hereafter (heaven and hell) and I believe in a spirit world (good and evil spirits). I don't know about people hanging around after they're dead. We've had some issues come up w/ my cousin that died this summer that make me wonder though. I think there are so many "quacks" out there that have made me skeptical...My dr mentioned that same phenomenon you said made you have Riley! She had it too...a dream of a child and she had her and it's the child in her dream!!!!
I believe :)
Juliana sends me lots of messages.
I do believe like Cara but I have had dreams of my gpa talking to me clear as day.....so I can't say yes or no or black and white...I say whatever comforts you....
I'm a believer, DH actually took me to see John Edward when he came to town a few years back. It was awesome. Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge skeptic too, just had way too many life experiences guide me to understand there is more than I can see.
Chrissy
Post a Comment