Monday, September 29, 2008

I did it, yay me!

I graduated from therapy!!

The past few sessions I haven't been excited about going because I didn't really have anything I wanted to talk about. I had thought about cutting back but was nervous about approaching the subject with my therapist who can be a little less than flexible with scheduling.

Last week I had a session with her and while I know what she was trying to get at her method left me laughing and feeling like an idiot. It sounded like pyscho babble and I felt like an experiment. It just wasn't me, I wasn't comfortable and I didn't leave feeling any different. I did try though.

So all weekend I hemmed and hawed about therapy and what to do and finally I sent her an email. I told her that I wanted to take a break and see how I did. I was also very thankful for the work she has done. I have come so far since seeing her and she has helped me in ways I could never explain. I was very nervous when I hit the send button but guess what?? I was RIGHT!! She told me that she was thinking the same thing and that maybe in the future there would be more but she agrees that I've come so far! Yay!!!

I'm not sure which feels better....knowing that I've made such progress and change or knowing that I was right ;)

2 comments:

carebear7951 said...

Awesome!!!!

Unknown said...

Woo! That's awesome! I'm so proud of you!!!!!