I have a friend who blogs and every Friday posts her favorite moment of the week. A lot of people loved the idea but didn't want to copy it. Recently she encouraged others to blog their favorite moment. So I sat down tonight and thought back on the week. My problem? I couldn't pick just one. So I've decided to bore you with all of them and I think they are all related to my kids :) Go figure!
#1 Aiden and Riley go to the fair.
Aiden loved all the animals and his eyes lit up with each new barn we entered. His favorite parts were the french fries (of course) and the National Guard bouncy house/obstacle course. He told me on the way home "did you see who helped me up the wall? The army man!!"
Riley loved the sights and sounds...well most of them. The sheep bleating terrified him and he was horrified upon entering Old McDonald's petting zoo. I gotta give it to him though, the sheep were bigger than he was and the ducks beaks were level with his face. Kind of creepy.
#2 Aiden at soccer practice. He makes me burst with pride as I watch him learn something new. I am amazed at how well he is doing. He's learned how to dribble, pass, trap and change directions. My favorite part of soccer was when they played a game called stuck in the mud. Team mates had to help "un-stick" others and it was so amazing to watch them all work together. Sigh.....
#3 Riley says mama and gives love.
Riley, for those of you who don't know, doesn't speak. He has said words in the past and does say mama now and again but that's it. Tonight he was walking around for a good while saying mama over and over. He came to sit with me and I asked for a kiss and got the customary shake of the head no. I begged and pleaded and he gave me some love. Over the course of the next 5 minutes or so I got soooo many kisses, it was wonderful. I love love.
#4 Tucker watches cartoons.
Tucker, our new dog, is nervous with the kids. He's just unsure of what those creatures are going to do next and in general has avoided being alone with them....until this morning. I was in the kitchen making breakfast (ripping open cereal bar wrappers:) and when I returned to the living room Tucker and Aiden were cuddled up on the couch watching cartoons. I think it's all going to work out just fine.
So....no one moment that stands out as better than the others. Maybe I am just really indecisive (boring).
Friday, September 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Yay! Some company. :)
All great moments. I would have had a tough time deciding, too!
Colleen-that's wonderful. To me it just makes it seem like you are in a very positive place and enjoying all parts of your life! Great place to be! :)
Post a Comment